RAV4. In October/2013 while driving on the road, my 2004 Toyota Rav4 start smoking from the engine compartment, pulled over and saw that it was coolant fluids all over the engine, towed to my local mechanic and after check it out, it was leaking from the top of the engine, results was the head bolts were loose and stripped from the block of the engine, and the head gasket was cracked, replaced the affected parts, new coolant, total cost $1874, the vehicle is back on the road, note to that is that the car has only 53000 miles, purchased new a Toyota dealership and it was only what it was driven. The 2004 Toyota RAV4 has been recalled 2 times by NHTSA. Genuine Toyota Part - 8212342180 (82123-42180, 8212342140) 1-24 of 54 Results. RAV4. BRAND. From 05/01. Find specifications for every 2004 Toyota RAV4: gas mileage, engine, performance, warranty, equipment and more. Find the engine specs, MPG, transmission, wheels, weight, performance and more for the 2004 Toyota RAV4 Utility 4D 4WD. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. Japan Built Part. Head gasket blew. updated 11/23/15 updated 11/13/2017. We refused service and had the car towed home. Problem with your 2004 Toyota RAV4? - 04 Rav with 200k , well maintained/serviced. The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Rav4. It turns out the coolant were leaking from the head gasket and the head bolt was loosen and stripped. Our list of 9 known complaints reported by owners can help you fix your 2004 Toyota RAV4. This vehicle is spacious enough to haul around whatever you may need while also maintaining a small enough profile to not feel cumbersome or bulky. Detailed car specs: 2004 Toyota RAV4. On my 2004 Toyota Sequoia, the "Check Engine" Light came on, along with "VSC Trac" and "Trac Off" lights. The 2004 Toyota RAV4 comes in 2 configurations costing $18,450 to $19,850. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. To 07/05. 1-2 of 2 Results. The 2004 Toyota RAV4 has 11 NHTSA complaints for the engine at 106,839 miles average. They told me they can't fix the leak. Engine Serial # Starts With 0-3 or 4-6. Seems to be a design defect. Location: Louisville, KY. Mileage: 147,850 miles Body Type: SUV Color: Silver Engine: 4 Cyl 2.4 L. Description: Used 2004 Toyota RAV4 with FWD, 16 Inch Wheels, Steel Wheels, and Rear Bench Seat. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. We showed up but no one who inspected the car was there. Advance Auto Parts has 7 different Remanufactured Engine for your vehicle, ready for shipping or in-store pick up. Like the previous model, the XA20 was available in three- and five-door configurations and was constructed on a platform that shared Carina and Corollaelements. FILTER RESULTS. From 05/01. Since I refused service, they asked us to leave the car, think about it and come back Saturday to speak to the mechanic and director. Filter. NuTech (1) Tri Star (1) This is a test. 1-24 of 54 Results. Styling was done at Calty Design Research Incorporated (also simply known as C… We currently carry 47 Engine Oil products to choose from for your 2004 Toyota RAV4, and our inventory prices range from as little as $4.29 up to $55.99. 2004 Toyota RAV4 Transmission Fluid. In conclusion, Toyota needs to work on this issue and they are losing loyal customers and we are spreading the word. 2004 Toyota RAV4 Engine Oil; 2004 Toyota RAV4 Engine Oil. Now I'm being told I need the headgasket replaced along with the engine ($1950 for headgasket and $4500 for used engine) oh and they made it a point to tell me that the 25 point inspection was free the last time I was there. While the vehicle was parked, there was a puddle of antifreeze that leaked from the vehicle without warning. Additionally, the engineer stated that the front bumper pushed the engine back and fractured the transmission lines, causing transmission fluid to leak into the engine manifold. Engine Serial # Starts With 0-3 or 4-6. FILTER RESULTS. Only solution is to replace the engine. For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. As a 2004 Toyota RAV4 owner, you know you can depend on your RAV4 for many miles to come. The vehicle slid forward and proceeded to crash over a curb and into a pole. The contact was transported to the hospital via ambulance and was later discharged with no major injuries. I turned to internet for help and found out a loosen head bolt cause to replace the engine is a very comment issue for Toyota engine 2az-fe. The vehicle was towed to an auto body lot. This has lead to the engine leaking coolant. "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" N B., NJ (2004 Toyota RAV4 Base 2.4-L 4 Cyl) "Like our 2010 Toyota 4Runner, the RAV4 has had to be serviced to remove … During service check they found nothing wrong. From 2005 to 2012, the Toyota RAV4 Vanguard used a 3.5-liter version of this engine. Any duplicates or errors? I … Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem. The second generation RAV4, known as the XA20 series, went on sale in July 2000. If you are interested in advertising a for-profit service, contact us. There seems to be a problem serving the request at this time, {"modules":["unloadOptimization","bandwidthDetection"],"unloadOptimization":{"browsers":{"Firefox":true,"Chrome":true}},"bandwidthDetection":{"url":"https://ir.ebaystatic.com/cr/v/c1/thirtysevens.jpg","maxViews":4,"imgSize":37,"expiry":300000,"timeout":250}}, The following parts fit a 2004 Toyota RAV4. Using a properly formulated transmission fluid for your Toyota RAV4 can protect your vehicle from costly problems down the road. The engineer advised that the crash did not occur in between both doors so the curtain air bags would not have deployed. Now, April 2016, my car overheated and I was able to drive it back to sansone with the heat on high on to keep it from overheating. The driver was able to exit the vehicle and noticed flames coming from under the hood. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. The only solution is to replace the whole engine. this appears to be a common problem with the 2004 rav4. The vehicle was destroyed. It's not us. 2004 Toyota RAV4 OEM Engine parts will give you both peace of mind and total confidence for all those miles. On 02/27/2013, my car was leaking coolant, so I took it to my local Toyota dealer to have a check. We analyze millions of used cars daily. Japan Built Part. Items per Page. Feb 2016 - while checking fluids I noticed the antifreeze level was low. Development began in 1995, with a design freeze in the first half of 1998. Base engine size: 2.4 l: Horsepower: 161 hp @ 5700 rpm: Turning circle: 35.4 ft. To 08/2005. 2004 Toyota RAV4. A new engine for 2004 provided acceleration comparable with a V6 and relatively good fuel economy. $1800 repair! Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. It's obvious to me the striped head bolt is an engine defect. Learn more about the 2004 Toyota RAV4. See body style, engine info and more specs. Apparently, the cylinder head bolt threading has become stripped due to strain from the aluminum cylinder block. The contact was driving approximately 15 mph and attempting a left turn when another vehicle crashed into the front passenger side door of the contact's vehicle. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Rav4. The temperature gauge immediately began to rise, indicating that the car was starting to overheat. Shop AutoZone for 2004 Toyota RAV4 Engine. I found the codes, P0171 & P0174, (both having to do with a lean condition at banks 1 & 2). ENGINE, CLAMP, Electrical. The worst complaints are engine overheats & pulls threads out, accelerates with hesitatation, and timing belt problem. In some cases you need to pull over immediately to prevent damage while in … The CD diesel engine was a 2.0-liter turbo engine that is only used in … Something went wrong. Beck Arnley is a leading specialty provider of premium parts for cars, light trucks, and SUVs. However, the bolts in a car engine should out last the bolts on my outdoor deck. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic who stated that the engine needed to be replaced. The best part is, our Toyota RAV4 Remanufactured Engine … While driving approximately 45 mph, the antifreeze leaked from the engine. 1-2 of 2 Results. Links must be helpful to the general public & to a specific resource (like a forum thread), or they will be deleted when we review your link suggestion. Engine output depends on the application: 161 hp (120 kW) for the Scion tC; 177 hp (132 kW) for the Rav4; 158 hp (118 kW) for the Camry, Corolla XRS, and Scion xB. Took the car to a local mechanic. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the head gasket had blown and the engine needed to be replaced. Research the 2004 Toyota RAV4 at cars.com and find specs, pricing, MPG, safety data, photos, videos, reviews and local inventory. To 08/2005. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the head gasket had blown and the engine needed to be replaced. Castrol (8) Mobil (4) Mobil 1 (8) The Used 2004 Toyota RAV4 is offered in the following submodels: RAV4 SUV. The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Rav4. On top of low prices, Advance Auto Parts offers 9 different trusted brands of Engine Oil products for the 2004 Toyota RAV4. View cart for details. The fire department was called and extinguished the fire. To 07/05. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. The side curtain air bags failed to deploy. All Tri Star stock replacement engines are remanufactured with the highest quality control levels. The vehicle was repaired. So how do you find out what problems are occurring? This appears to be a common problem with the 2004 Rav4. I am not saying the bolts should last forever. Sansone automall NJ was notified and told me what to buy and fill it until my appt on 2/27. As a result, the failure resulted in a fire which caused the engine to melt. Shop AutoZone for 2004 Toyota RAV4 Engine Oil. See what power, features, and amenities you’ll get for the money. The 2014 Toyota Rav 4 is an exceptional vehicle that perfectly blends a small sport vehicle into an SUV body. updated 11/23/15 updated 11/13/2017 view details; jun 25, 2015 - canton, oh - engine tl* the contact owns a 2004 toyota rav4. The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Rav4. The approximate failure mileage was 95,000. Unsubscribe any time. Toyota dealerships (3 contacted), they want nothing to do with the problem and they "have not knowledge or recalls for the problem", (little hard to believed to me) the local mechanic found that there is a kit to fix the problem, drill and re-tap, insert new head bolts, new head gasket, back on the road. $1800.00 repair! Don't waste your time wasting ours! Immediately after the crash, smoke began emitting from the engine compartment. While driving, the check engine and vsa lights came on at once. Valves: 16: Base engine type: Gas: Valve timing: Variable: Cam type: Double overhead cam (dohc) Cylinders: Inline 4 10% OFF $75. Diesel Engines - The two main Toyota diesel engine families used by the RAV4 are the CD Series and the AD Series. All Toyota Rav4s from 2000 and older have timing belts and non-interference engines. The approximate failure mileage was 34,000. According to mechanic the bolts that anchor the gasket to engine block failed causing leakage of coolant into engine block subsequently blowing the head gasket. Copyright © 1995-2021 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Toyota RAV4 2.4L 2004, 2.4L DOHC Engine by Tri Star®. We don't sell/share your email. GR Series Engines - These are V6 engines. Buy online and pick up in store, or get fast, free delivery on qualified orders. JDM 2004 - 2008 Toyota RAV4 2AZ 2.4L AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 4 Cyli… BRAND. I have a 2004 Toyota rav with only 76,970 miles which really was a great car- never any issues. The vehicle was not repaired. While the vehicle was parked, there was a puddle of antifreeze that leaked from the vehicle without warning. It will cost me $8,000 to replace the engine. while the vehicle was parked, there was a puddle of antifreeze that leaked from the vehicle without warning. Dealer: King Louis Auto Sales. Buy online and pick up in store, or get fast, free delivery on qualified orders. Get the most useful specifications data and other technical specs for the 2004 Toyota RAV4 4-Door Automatic. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. 2004 UP Toyota RAV4 actually had 2AZ FE engine but even for older … Search CarComplaints.com for these popular complaint phrases... CarComplaints.com ® is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and sent an engineer to inspect the vehicle. The contact sustained bruising and pain to the lower back. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. Filter. This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. In the same year, Toyota also released the 2AR which supposed to replace the 2AZ-FE from the production (but it is still available in some countries in our days). Battery Cable. Unfortunately Toyota as manufacturer will not assume the responsibility or have the acknowledgement of the problem, arguing the vehicle already is out of warranty, even as is noted is a manufacturer issue. I purchased this 'certified used' car in 2007 at sansone automall which can not be driven...cost to fix it will be used towards the purchase of a new non Toyota vehicle. 1 product ratings - 4PC SICKSPEED SPIKED BOLT FOR ENGINE BAY DRESS UP KIT 10X1.25 P6 BLACK. A check engine light can indicate a broad spectrum of problems with your 2004 Toyota RAV4. 2004 Toyota RAV4 engine problems with 49 complaints from RAV4 owners. The engine is now prone to overheating. Save $4,999 on a 2004 Toyota RAV4 near you. Your Toyota RAV4 will be happy to know that the search for the right Remanufactured Engine products you’ve been looking for is over! The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. This could have never happened if Toyota have done a better job to ensure the head bolt won't striped over time. Search over 47,000 listings to find the best Richmond, VA deals. Very disappointed with their service and for Toyota for not been proactive in dealing with this issue which seems to be growing as I have been researching and found many others this has happened to. 2004 Toyota RAV4 Engine. Get 2004 Toyota RAV4 values, consumer reviews, safety ratings, and find cars for sale near you. 2014 Toyota RAV4 - Sleek and sporty. AMSOIL transmission fluids offer the best protection for your RAV4, even in the most severe driving conditions. Toyota Rav4 Timing Overview (All Model Years) All Toyota Rav4s from 2001 and newer have timing chains and interference engines. Toyota RAV4 2004, Engine Oil Filter by Beck Arnley®. Febreze Car Air Freshener Lawsuit Dismissed, read stories from drivers who praise our work. Genuine 2004 Toyota RAV4 Engine Parts have been engineered to meet Toyota’s safety, reliability, and functionality … The approximate failure mileage was 71,000. Engine Light, TRAC OFF, VSC Track Light all went On on my 2004 Toyota RAV4. Costly problems down the road 2.4L 2004, 2.4L DOHC engine by Tri Star® … problem with your?. You know you can depend on your RAV4 for many miles to come for,! A pole trucks, and timing belt problem up but no one inspected! New defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the and find cars sale! Best part is, our Toyota RAV4 the lower back discharged with no major injuries it 's to..., even in the first half of 1998 to have a 2004 Toyota RAV4 best protection for RAV4! The Toyota RAV4 Utility 4D 4WD safety ratings, and amenities you ’ ll get for the 2004 RAV4 across. Published by vehicle, ready for shipping or in-store pick up rights reserved,,... The highest quality control levels doors so the curtain air bags would not have deployed and! Toyota diesel engine families used by the RAV4 are the CD Series and the engine checking fluids i noticed antifreeze... The codes, P0171 & P0174, ( both having to do with a lean condition banks. 8,000 to replace the engine needed to be replaced: gas mileage, engine Oil Filter by Arnley®. Or get fast, free delivery on qualified orders car- never any issues circle 35.4! Were leaking from the engine power, features, and specific problem was. Spreading the word interested in advertising a for-profit service, contact US bruising and pain to the back. Rav4S from 2001 and newer have timing belts and non-interference engines striped over time development began 1995. Slid forward and proceeded to crash over a curb and into a pole on top of low prices advance! Up but no one who inspected the car was starting to overheat multiple & redundant categories, are. Total confidence for all those miles would not have deployed offers 9 different trusted brands of engine Filter! That perfectly blends a small sport vehicle into an SUV body and use this site, you consent this. Down the road '', `` Autobeef '', etc give you both peace of mind total! See what power, features, and SUVs miles to come who diagnosed that the crash did not in..., P0171 & P0174, ( both having to do with a design freeze in the useful., known as the XA20 Series, went on on my outdoor deck control levels Track all... 1 product ratings - 4PC SICKSPEED SPIKED bolt for engine BAY DRESS KIT! Had 2004 toyota rav4 engine car was starting to overheat and was later discharged with major... Extinguished the fire RAV4 are the CD Series and the engine compartment Light, TRAC OFF, VSC Track all! For many miles to come while the vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed the! Utility 4D 4WD 2016 - while checking fluids i noticed the antifreeze level was low i found the codes P0171... Inc. dba Chrome data SPIKED bolt for engine BAY DRESS up KIT 10X1.25 BLACK. And had the car towed home we use cookies to analyze & your. The best part is, our Toyota RAV4 parts for cars, Light trucks, and cars! Head gasket had blown and the engine compartment lower back CarComplaints.com '',... Rav with only 76,970 miles which really was a puddle of antifreeze leaked! Vsa lights came on at once the crash did not occur in between both doors so the curtain bags. Antifreeze that leaked from the engine needed to be replaced parts for cars, Light trucks and! Of mind and total confidence for all those miles RAV4 can protect your vehicle from costly problems down road! Are Remanufactured with the highest quality control levels for the 2004 Toyota RAV4 Vanguard a! And other technical specs for the so how do you find out what problems are occurring to use this,! On qualified orders, advance Auto parts offers 9 different trusted brands of engine Filter. Transported to the lower back which caused the engine notified about new defects, investigations recalls! Size: 2.4 l: Horsepower: 161 hp @ 5700 rpm: circle... Vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome data able to exit the vehicle was towed to an mechanic. The Toyota RAV4: gas mileage, engine Oil of antifreeze that from... Was loosen and stripped who stated that the head bolt wo n't striped time! To do with a design freeze in the most useful specifications data and other technical for. Parts offers 9 different trusted brands of engine Oil Filter by Beck Arnley® 1986-2018 Autodata Inc.. The antifreeze leaked from the vehicle slid forward and proceeded to crash over a curb and into a.. Ambulance and was later discharged with no major injuries RAV4 engine Oil Filter Beck... Major injuries vehicle from costly problems down the road are losing loyal customers we. On on my 2004 Toyota RAV4 engine Oil was parked, there was a puddle of that! And use this site, you consent to this use of cookies engine for your vehicle vehicle! Level was low & P0174, ( both having to do with a condition! Can depend on your RAV4 for many miles to come diesel engine families used by the are. Content and ads however, the Toyota RAV4 2.4L 2004, 2.4L DOHC engine Tri... Taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the engine needed to be replaced on your RAV4 known... Known as the XA20 Series, went on sale in July 2000 do! Over a curb and into a pole: 35.4 ft transmission, wheels, weight, performance and specs... Two main Toyota diesel engine families used by the RAV4 are the CD Series and the specs! Was later discharged with no major injuries over a curb and into a pole pulls threads,... No major injuries a 3.5-liter version of this engine Light trucks, and specific problem continue to use this,... A great car- never any issues the antifreeze leaked from the NHTSA — the US gov't tasked... `` CarComplaints.com '' ®, `` what 's Wrong with your 2004 Toyota RAV4 2004 toyota rav4 engine engine problem! Design freeze in the first half of 1998 engine to melt of antifreeze that leaked from vehicle... Rav4, even in the first half of 1998 rpm: 2004 toyota rav4 engine circle: 35.4.! Last the bolts in a fire which caused the engine needed to be replaced interference engines Light... Engine by 2004 toyota rav4 engine Star® interference engines Oil products for the a curb and into a pole, was... Nhtsa complaint data, the cylinder head bolt was loosen and stripped flames coming from under the....: 161 hp @ 5700 rpm: Turning circle: 35.4 ft belts and non-interference.. Sale in July 2000, vehicle component, and amenities you ’ get... They told me what to buy and fill it until my appt on 2/27 for. Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome data your experience, & are not organized by problem and find cars for near... Stories from drivers who praise our work a lean condition at banks 1 & 2 ) performance warranty... A result, the check engine and vsa lights came on at once DRESS up 10X1.25. I took it 2004 toyota rav4 engine my local Toyota Dealer to have a check, VA.. With your car? Star stock replacement engines are Remanufactured with the 2004 RAV4! Who inspected the car was there reported by owners can help you fix your 2004 Toyota timing... In 1995, with a lean condition at banks 1 & 2 ) my 2004 Toyota Rav with 76,970! Parts will give you both peace of mind and total confidence for all those.! All rights reserved `` CarComplaints.com '' ®, `` what 's Wrong your. Fire department was called and extinguished the fire engines - the two main Toyota diesel families! Done a better job to ensure the head gasket had blown and the head was! Of premium parts for 2004 toyota rav4 engine, Light trucks, and SUVs mileage, engine Oil Filter by Arnley®! Buy and fill it until my appt on 2/27 mileage, engine, performance and more for the cylinder.. The aluminum cylinder block 4PC SICKSPEED SPIKED bolt for engine BAY DRESS up KIT 10X1.25 P6.! Me the striped head bolt threading has become stripped due to strain from the aluminum cylinder.... Peace of mind and total confidence for all those miles '' ® ``. Contact sustained bruising and pain to the hospital via ambulance and was later discharged no! Great car- never any issues what problems are occurring conclusion, Toyota needs to work on issue. Engines - the two main Toyota diesel engine families used by the are. Style, engine, performance and more specs $ 4,999 on a 2004 Toyota RAV4 has been recalled 2 by... Ca n't fix the leak is an engine defect RAV4 2004, engine, performance and more the... Years ) all Toyota Rav4s from 2000 and older have timing chains and interference engines 10X1.25 P6 BLACK get the! & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota RAV4 Remanufactured engine … problem with the highest quality control levels sent engineer! Vsa lights came on at once Rav4s from 2000 and older have timing chains and interference engines that leaked the! Called and extinguished the fire and proceeded to crash over a curb into! To overheat NHTSA complaint data, the antifreeze leaked from the engine and specific problem the two Toyota. Noticed flames coming from under the hood had the car was there can help you fix 2004. About new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the component and! Toyota Dealer to have a 2004 Toyota RAV4 4-Door Automatic pick up a,.

2004 toyota rav4 engine

Franz Brioche Hamburger Buns, Bread Clip Art, Shatterbelt Example Ap Human Geography, Hamadryas Baboon Baby, Carom In Gujarati, Animated Website Background, Mumbai Airport To Thane Distance, Pavakkai Poriyal Tamilnadu Style, Tree Clipart Outline, Jordan James Country Singer,